1. The Club shall be called ‘The North West Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club’ and its object is to promote the welfare, well being and exhibiting of the Pedigree Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
2. The Club shall consist of President, Hon Life Vice-Presidents, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Hon Secretary, Hon Treasurer and Members. Membership shall be open to all on application in writing on the appropriate form to the Committee who reserve the right to refuse an application.
3. The management of the Club shall be in the hands of the Committee, which shall consist of the President, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Hon Secretary, Hon Treasurer, Hon Show Secretary, Hon Membership Secretary and Hon Publicity Officer, who shall be ex officio members of the Committee to afford them voting rights and not less than 10 and not more than 13 members who shall retire annually. All shall be eligible for re-election but any Committee Member who has not attended at least 50% of the meetings in the 12 months preceding the Annual General Meeting shall not be eligible for the re-election at the Annual General Meeting unless the Officials and Committee are satisfied that there is a good and sufficient reason for the lack of attendance. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt members on to the Committee in the event of positions becoming vacant between General Meetings. Meetings of the Committee shall be held as often as may be deemed necessary and 7 shall form a quorum.
(a) The Annual Subscription shall be such amount agreed by Members in the General Meeting and notified to the Kennel Club. No member whose subscription is unpaid is entitled to any of the privileges of the Membership and if the member shall fail to pay outstanding subscriptions by 1st April his/her name shall be automatically erased from the Register. Acceptance back on the register will be dependent upon a new application. The subscription shall be due on the 1st December to last until 30th November. In the case of husband and wife, the joint subscription shall be as agreed but in the case of Partners this shall apply only if the dogs concerned are joint property of the Partners. If either partner wishes to exhibit a dog owned by himself individually he must become an individual member.
(b) A member with 10 continuous years paid up membership shall enjoy free membership at aged 65. In addition any Member with 30 years membership shall enjoy free membership.
(c) Children 10 years and under are not acceptable as members.
5. In the event of the club being dissolved the Assets of the club should be returned to the original donors where possible. All property which cannot be returned shall be realized and the proceeds forwarded to a canine charity.
6. Any member who shall suspended under Kennel Club RuleA42.j.(5) and/or any member whose dog(s) is(are) disqualified under Kennel Club Rule A42.j.(9) shall ipso facto cease to be a Member of the Club. If the conduct of any Member shall, in the opinion of the Committee of the Club, be injurious to the character or interests of the Club. The Committee of the Club may. At a meeting, notice the convening which includes as an object the consideration of the conduct of the Member, determine that a Special General Meeting of the Club shall be called for the purpose of passing a resolution to expel him/her. Notice of the Special General Meeting shall be sent to the accused Member, giving particulars of the complaint and advising the place, date and hour of the meeting that he/she may attend and offer an explanation. If at the meeting a resolution to expel is passed by a two thirds majority of the Members present and voting , his/her name shall be forthwith be erased from the list of Members, and he/she shall there upon cease for all purposes to be a Member of the Club, except that he/she may, within two calendar months from the date of such a meeting, appeal to the Kennel Club upon and subject to conditions as the Kennel Club may impose.
7. An Annual Meeting shall be held each year in January on a date previously decided by the Committee for the purpose of ( inter alai) receiving accounts and balance sheets of the club, elections of Officers and Committee, elections of Auditor. Items to be received by the secretary for inclusion on the Agenda by the 30th November, prior to the circulation to each member, and of which a minimum of 14 days shall be given, such notice to specify the business to the transacted, 21 to form a quorum. Election of Officers and Committee at the A.G.M. shall be either by vote or ballot of those present at the meeting.
8. A Special General Meeting shall be summoned by the Hon Secretary if the committee so decides or if 18 Members send in a signed requisition stating the subject to be discussed. No business other than the matter on the Agenda can be discussed, 21 to form a quorum. The following method to notify members will apply-14 days written notice will be given.
9.A Banking Account shall be opened in the name of the Club to be operated upon by any two of the Hon Secretary, Chairman, Hon Treasurer and Hon Show Secretary. An Auditor shall be appointed at each A.G.M. who shall audit the Club’s Accounts for the ensuing year before the next A.G.M. Meeting. If a vacancy in the office of Auditor occurs between A.G.M. Meetings the position shall be filled at the discretion of the Committee. The Committee shall be empowered to appoint a successor and thereafter the Membership shall be informed.
10. The Rules of the Club may not be altered except at a General Meeting, the agenda for which contains proposals to amend the Rules. Any proposed alterations to the Rules may not be brought into effect until the Kennel Club has been advised and approved the alterations.
11. No Members whose Membership has been terminated under Rule 6 shall be allowed as a Visitor to any Shows or functions.
12. The Officers acknowledgment that during the month of January each year maintenance of the Title fee will be forwarded to the Kennel Club, whether by the Secretary or by Direct Debit, for the continuance of Registration and that by the 31st of July each year other returns, as stipulated in Kennel Club Regulations and Maintenance of Titles of Societies and Breed Councils and Affiliation of Agricultural Societies and Municipal Authorities, will be forwarded to the Kennel Club.
The Officers also acknowledge their duty to inform the Kennel Club of any changes of Secretary of the Club which may occur during the course of the year.
13. Each Member must keep his/her dog/s under proper control and on leads at Shows held by the Club or be liable to expulsion from the Club and to be reported to the Kennel Club.
14. Should a judge be prevented from attending, the Committee reserve the right to appoint another to fulfil the duties. The judge will be empowered and instructed to with hold any prizes if an exhibit does not possess sufficient merit, subject to Kennel Club Rule 23 (c) (d) (e). Exhibitors may state on their entrance forms the price at which they are prepared to sell their Exhibits. If an offer is made to purchase at the price fixed, the sale must take place.
The Kennel Club shall be the final court of appeal in all matters of dispute. The Club shall not join any Federation of Societies or Clubs. The Club will make a list of Members and their Addresses if available, for inspection, if so requested by the Members.
No persons whilst an un discharged bankrupt may serve on the Committee or hold any other office or appointment within a Kennel Club Registered Society.
KENNEL CLUB GENERAL CODE OF ETHICS
This Code of Ethics applies to everyone who has agreed to be subject to the jurisdiction of the Kennel Club. They, whether owner, keeper or in temporary charge of a dog for any purpose, accept their responsibility in that they will:
1 Properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
2 Not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or those Carrying out official duties.
3 When their dogs are away from the home, ensure that the dog shall wear properly tagged collars and shall be kept fully leashed or under effective control
4 Acknowledge responsibility to clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere where their dogs are being exhibited.
5Agree without reservation that any Veterinary Surgeon operating on any of their dogs to correct a Hereditary defect, may report such an operation to the K.C.
6 Not Breed from a bitch in any way which is deleterious to the bitch or her breed
7 Conform with a Special Code of Ethics for the relevant breed in order to produce sound and typical stock.
8 Only sell puppies and older dogs to homes where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the rehousing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
9 When placing their dogs in a new home, provide written details of all dietary requirements and supply guidance concerning responsible ownership
10 That they will not sell any dogs to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers, or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a contest of any kind.
11 Not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed not falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the quality of the dog.
12 When selling or transferring a dog to another person, ensure that all relevant K.C Documents are provided to the new owner.
Reproduced with the permission of the Kennel Club.
Any opinions or comments expressed on this website are not necessarily shared by all the officers or committee members of the N.W.S.B.T.C.